Macarthur Region Property Market
With the median house price surpassing $800,000, many young families and first-home buyers simply cannot afford to live in Sydney. This can be an issue, particularly if you work in the city. The Macarthur Region is much more affordable, and a quick and easy commute to Sydney.
The Macarthur Region is nowhere near as expensive as Sydney’s inner-city suburbs; the median house price in Campbelltown, for example, is $410,000. Because of this, the area attracts younger generations who are after space, affordability, amenities and convenience.
Many areas in the Macarthur Region are under an hour away from Sydney’s CBD on public transport. And, if your drive five minutes in the other direction, you end up in farmland. Because of this, there is so much variety on the property market. You’ll find cottages untouched since the 1960s, and brand new luxury homes. You’ll even find some historical buildings dating all the way back to the 1800s.
There is also so much undeveloped land, which means that as the area grows, new estates will pop up across the region.
Macarthur Region Amenities
Not only is the Macarthur region much more affordable than the rest of Sydney, it also has a range of new amenities.
- The Campbelltown Hospital is currently undergoing a $134 million redevelopment. We will see an increase in capacity, and an upgrade to the quality of health services available. This upgrade follows the increase in population of the area.
- The University of Western Sydney is currently the fifth largest university in Australia with over 40,000 students, and it has a campus in Campbelltown.
- The TAFE NSW Campbelltown College is another great education amenity in the Macarthur Region.
- The Macarthur Regions has great transport links to Sydney’s city centre. You can be in the city in 50 minutes from Campbelltown on the express train. It’s easy to commute to work on the weekdays, and relax in the country on the weekend.
- With a large population of young children and families, there a plenty of schools and sporting clubs across the area.
- In the Macarthur Region, there is a lot of unused, undeveloped land. This means there is plenty of opportunity for new infrastructure.
If you are looking for a location close to Sydney, close to the country and with an affordable price tag, then the Macarthur Region might be perfect for you. It’s one of the fastest growing up-and-coming areas in Australia.
If you’ve found your ideal property in the Macarthur Region, or anywhere across Australia, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 02 9068 6644 and we’ll do our best to sort out the best home loan for you so you can secure it.